Easy Recipes Kids Love This SummerPosted: July 21, 2012
With most of the country battling a massive heat wave, there’s no better time to try out some new refreshing, kid-friendly recipes! These are recipes kids love because it keeps them cool with the latest recipes from Playtime’s chill-tastic treat masters.
Not just for honeymooning grown-ups anymore, chocolate-covered fruit combines healthy nutrients, sweet (or dark) chocolate and a fun activity. A classic recipe kids love!
Assorted fresh fruit, 1 package of chocolate morsels (dark or milk), 1 package of small paintbrushes
- Choose your fruit – we love pears, strawberries or bananas for this recipe!
- Melt one package of chocolate chips in a saucepan (you’ll need about 3 tablespoons of chocolate per piece of fruit)
- Using (new!) paintbrushes, kids can paint their fruit with chocolate, either covering the entire body of the fruit, or painting designs or faces
- Chill fruit in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes for a healthy, delicious dessert or snack!
Turn your little devils into angels with this cinch of a snack! Check out this easy, interactive idea from our list of recipes kids love this summer!
One dozen eggs, mayonnaise, red pepper, and your choice of the following: honey mustard, avocado, Sriracha, raisins, ranch dressing, baco
n bits, olives, and/or (for the bravest kiddie palettes!) wasabi.
- Hard boil desired number of eggs in water (remember, they’re done when they’re floating!)
- Cool 20-30 minutes in the fridge
- While eggs are cooling, have the kids choose the ingredients they’d like to mix for their deviled egg filling – get creative! Instead of regular old mayo, what about trying avocado, honey mustard or a dash of spicy Sriracha?
- Cut cooled eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in large mixing bowl.
- Let the kids smash the egg yolks with forks or a masher while you cut or prepare the additional ingredients.
- Toss in the ‘secret ingredients’ and let the mashing continue!
- Help kids spoon the filling back into the egg whites. Enjoy!
Package of 8 pretzel buns, package of 8 hot dogs, olive oil, condiments
- Grill hot dogs to package specifications
- While hot dogs are grilling, help the kids twist the pretzel buns into long, snakelike strips
- Remove hot dogs from the grill
- Twist the pretzel strips around each hot dog is a ‘corkscrew’ fashion
- Place pretzel dogs back on the grill for 1-2 minutes, or until the bread is toasty. Top with ketchup, mustard, relish, or whatever your kids love! Enjoy!